Monday, July 04, 2016

Ramadan 2016 - Update 2

Ramadan is nearing it's end, and I'm not going to lie but this year has been one of my less favourable ones. Since the day fasting has become obligatory on me, I have tried my best to fast every year, for the entire month, Alhamdulillah. Obviously there are days that I have missed due to TOM, but regardless, I have had the good fortune to have been able to keep the majority of my fasts, but for the past two years, my health has just not been up to it. Last year my asthma was out of control, and this year I've had a horrendous viral infection that's left me breathless and dizzy.

After my last Ramadan update, TOM made his presence known, which meant I had a few days off from fasting. The moment TOM left, a virus decided to come and take its place. I had a viral infection, which made my chest hurt. I was using my reliever inhaler more than four times a day, and coughing to the point where I felt physically sick. To top it all off I had a terrible headache that left me constantly dizzy. We all know that viral infections can't be treated with medication, and they usually pass after a few days. My doctor told me I needed a few days rest and to not fast, and so I've missed a few fasts this year due to the fact that my body was physically unable to fight off this infection.
I was finally recovering, when just this morning the bloody thing made it's comeback.
I don't think it will truly go away for another few weeks, but I'm grateful that I've only had to miss a couple of fasts, rather than an entire week or more.

This has turned into such a negative post. I think I should talk about something else.
I realised that my Urdu is not as good as it should be so I've decided to teach myself Urdu via YouTube, specifically by watching hardcore Urdu dramas where they speak fluent, comprehensive Urdu. 
I also need to brush up on my Sign Language and actually finish the bloody course. I've been enrolled for almost two years!!

Alhamdulillah, I have finally finished my degree, after all the hardships I had to go through, and will be graduating in July. Graduation is in about a month and I've not really lost any weight - in fact I have a bad feeling I've put weight on, in spite of being ill, and so I really need to hit the gym now to look good for pictures.

I'm going to leave this as a short post, because frankly speaking, I'm too ill to write more. I need to recover completely so that I can dedicate more time to the blog and actually make something out of it. I know I say this all the time, but I really am going to try now. I've just been in a bit of a rut over the past year or so, hence why I have such staggered posts. Now that my life is starting to get back on track, I'm hoping this blog, a hobby I have to try and relax, will also grow.
I hope your Ramadan is going well, and if you're not fasting, then I hope you're having a wonderful week! 
Till next time 
Cue 
Xoxo

SHARE:

No comments

© Confessions of Cue | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig