Sunday, June 12, 2016

Ramadan 2016 - Update 1

Hello!

Before I even get into this post, I just want to say Ramadan Mubarak!


So as Ramadan has started, I thought I would do a regular update type series of posts, to sum up how the fasts are going, and how I feel.
As I write this it is Sunday morning, day 6 of Ramadan - although for some people it is day 7 - and so far the fasts have been okay.

This year the fast starts from around 3am to 9.30pm - approximately 18.5 hours. I've been working 9-6.30 everyday this past week, and the one thing I've noticed is that, it's not the hunger or thirst that has gotten to me, but the tiredness! I usually sleep for a couple of hours at night, before we have to eat at Sehri (around 2-2.30am) and then go back to bed after I've closed my fast. The disruption in my sleep pattern, and not eating all day, has sort of caused my energy levels to fluctuate throughout the day, and I feel so drained by the time the fast opens.

It's early days, but I have been trying to stay as hydrated as possible by drinking water at eating lots of fruit, such as watermelons (I love watermelons) during the times I can eat.


Every year I tell myself that I will be more healthier in Ramadan, and eat less unhealthy food. I haven't totally cut out all the fried food, but there is definitely less fried food this year than before. My siblings and I collectively agreed to cut out the fizzy drinks and fried food. Instead we're having a lot more fruit and grilled food.

The weather recently, has been fluctuating just as bad as my energy levels. 


Sometimes it is scorching hot, and the next we have torrential rain. Just this morning it was pouring it down, 2 hours later, the sun is out and I'm able to go town to get the groceries.

Alhamdulillah, so far the fasts and the weather have been good, and Inshallah they continue to be good. This is a bit of a short update, but I hope everyone else is all well, and that your fasts are going good too. If you are not fasting, then I hope you are all healthy and well.

Till next time
Cue 
xoxo


SHARE:

No comments

© Confessions of Cue | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig