Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Life of a Pharmacy Student #3 : EXAMS

Helllooooo lovely people of the internet!

Gosh it's so good to be back to blogging now that exams are over. Inshallah.
Over the past 6/7 weeks I've spent hours repeatedly going through lecture notes and textbooks, and watching videos and lectures, and practicing exam questions, in the hope that I pass my exams. Inshallah.

Being a final year Pharmacy student is hard. After spending weeks and weeks working on my Final Year Project, the deadline for submission was due and even that was traumatic for me. I had all my work printed and bound, but as soon as I got to the submission desk I realised there was a spelling mistake on the bloody cover! I was so annoyed and literally fell to the ground, close to tears. I'm pretty sure I was having a panic attack and couldn't breathe, but I rushed from the submission desk to the computer room to the binders in 10 minutes and made sure I handed the damn thing in!


As if the submission of my Final Year Project wasn't traumatic enough, the very next day I had to start making a presentation for said project. How can you sum up 2 months worth of work in 10 minutes? Somehow I managed that just in time to realise "Revision Season" had started.
I've tried my best, but my mind is now telling me that I could have revised harder. I could have spent a few extra hours going through that one lecture I wasn't too sure on.

The thing that scares me the most though, is the fear of having to do a re-take. After failing in 3rd Year, I have a new phobia of sorts. The fear of repeating an exam is so extreme that I don't think I could handle it. I've never been that sort of person to fear re-taking an exam, but since repeating the year, I have such extreme anxiety over it. It's a bit like when you experience FOMO, but instead of having FOMO over not going to a party or an event, I have FOMO over not being able to graduate or work. A sense of fear and anxiety over having wasted so many years.


Not every final year pharmacy student will be in this situation though. I mean sure, everybody is waiting for results now, so we know that we can finally graduate and start our preregistration year - which by the way is a whole other issue - but the fear is slightly amplified in those that have had to fail or retake a year.

Anyway enough on that, all I can do now is play the waiting game and see how I've done.
Till then, this blog will be my outlet again. I have spent sooooooo much money in the past few weeks that I have accumulated enough items to do not one, but TWO haul posts! (Somebody please help me, where is the nearest Shopaholics Anonymous?)


Till next time
Cue
xoxo
SHARE:

No comments

© Confessions of Cue | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig